• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services

English 020 7923 8358

Türkçe 020 7923 8185


Focus signposting


Did you know Healthwatch Hackney can help you find the services and contacts you need in the Health and Care services?

Call us (020 7923 8358) and we can either help you ourselves, or let you know who can help you.

Here are the most common questions we are asked

How can I get to a dentist out of hours?  
Phone 020 3594 0938 for the emergency dental service runs Monday to Friday 5.30 - 9pm, weekends and bank holidays 9am - 7pm 
(outside these hours, call 111)


I am depressed, stressed or anxious, how can I get help?
You can book a FREE appointment yourself with Talking Therapy - through the NHS or City and Hackney MIND -no need to go to a GP or doctor first
NHS Talking Therapy www.cityandhackneytalkingtherapy.nhs.uk or call 0207 683 4278 
City and Hackney MIND  www.cityandhackneymind.org.uk or call 020 8525 2319 or 0800 612 6585 

I am concerned about my care at Homerton Hospital, I don't want to complain, I just want it sorted out
Homerton PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) are there to be the frontline in trying to deal with concerns.  Their office is in the entrance hall of the hospital near the reception desk, or contact them directly pals@homerton.nhs.uk or call 020 8510 7315 or text 07584445400

I want help making a complaint about an NHS service?
NHS complaints advocacy for Hackney is run by Voiceability http://www.voiceability.org/in_your_area/london/advocacyinhackney.  Contact themimca@voiceability.org or call  0300 330 5454 or text 0786 002 2939.  This is a FREE service

I am having trouble with my housing, GP, benefits or other health and social care service - and want someone to speak up for me?
Hackney's Advocacy for All http://www.advocacyforallhackney.org.uk/ will help.  Contact them 
advocacyforallhackney@cityandhackneymind.org.uk or call 020 8525 2327 or 0800 011 6114 or text 07879 076730

I have a concern about my Homecare or careworker?
Hackney Council have a "Homecare Feedback" line 0800 073 1317 - you don't have to give your name if you don't want to
Need to get some free advice about issues with social care, benefits, housing services?
There are lots of agencies that provide free advice, and some sessions in GP surgeries too.  Advice is also provided in Turkish, Chinese, Vietnamese and other community languages
Tried one of these and not been able to get through, or not happy?  Got another query?
Call us and we will try to help 020 7923 8188/8358


Sign up to our FREE membership